We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to over 70 brilliant and talented people in London and New York.
Our core services are:
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. We need someone to deliver analytics and paid media strategy/insight across all the work we deliver. This person will develop measurement frameworks and paid media strategies and oversee day-to-day analytics. They will bring data and insight to everything we do, ensuring we deliver the most effective campaigns – we want a mixture of an analyst and a paid media strategist.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Analyst is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) research and insight briefs
- Deliver social data intelligence to the highest possible standard
- Deliver paid media campaign reporting to the highest possible standard
- Contribute insights and strategic thinking to all areas of the business (creative, technology, media, data)
- Optimise existing analytics deliverables
- Ensure constant innovation
- Research and assess technology solutions, processes and data sources to improve our capabilities
- Liaise with suppliers when relevant
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 2-5 years experience in roles involving insight/research/analytics
- 1-2 years in roles involving biddable social media planning/buying
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and Tableau
- Familiarity with data visualisation techniques, including communicating complex concepts simply and succinctly
- Experience with paid as well as organic social media data
- Experience using social media listening tools
- Familiarity with other digital data sources, including web analytics and survey data
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- An inquisitive and numeric mindset
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with ad optimisation tools
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than report building and Powerpoint massaging.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.