We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to over 70 brilliant and talented people in London and New York.
Our core services are:
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
Creatives, or what we call Creative Planners, at Byte come up with ideas that capture audiences’ attentions, ideas that inspire behaviour change and that people want to share - not gimmicks, but communication ideas that make a real difference to our clients’ businesses.
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. Our Creative Planners work with all areas of the business and are responsible for framing ideas within a well thought through strategy. We want a mixture of a creative and a planner whose creative ideas are grounded in strategy.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Creative Planner is fast paced, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will primarily:
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
- Come up with and present ideas that stand out from the crowd and will deliver against objectives
- Oversee the development of the ideas from initial presentation through to creative production
- Be involved in copywriting and/or art direction
- Write presentations that get clients excited
In addition, you will:
- Work with the senior team to put together strategic proposals and recommendations for clients
- Research customer behaviour and trends
- Work alongside analysts and get stuck in with social, mobile, digital and customer data to uncover insights that will make a difference
- Write inspiring bullet proof strategies to support creative ideas
- Keep up to date with the latest digital trends
- Work alongside the senior team to develop pitch-winning presentations
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
- Participate in team training/meetings and events when asked
- Regularly contribute content to the company’s digital presences
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 2-3 years relevant experience at a digital/creative agency
- Have created or have been involved with digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Copywriting and art direction experience
- Experience with social media marketing, understanding its potential and its limitations
- Excellent creative skills
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.