We are a start-up marketing technology agency based in Soho, London. Our mission is to combinetechnology and creativity to solve brands' problems. We help businesses generate revenue and scale returns from social media. We achieve this by uniting data, technology, content and media.
The company was founded in January 2014 by Alex and Jamie. Within three years it has grown to be a team of 45 brilliant and talented people.
Our core services are:
– Creative ideas development
– Digital content production
– Digital and social media strategy
– Digital channel optimisation
– Social CRM design and implementation
– Building marketing technology products
– Influencer relationship management
– Biddable social media planning and buying
– Data analytics and insight
– Marketing technology consultancy
Designers at Byte bring to life ideas that capture audiences’ attentions, ideas that inspire behaviour change and that people want to share - not gimmicks, but communication ideas that make a real difference to our clients’ businesses.
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. Our Designers work with all areas of the business and are responsible for producing ideas within a well thought through strategy. We want a mixture of a creative and a designer whose design skills enable them to turn creative ideas into creative realities.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create beautiful work that exceeds expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that make content truly remarkable.
The role of Designer is fast paced, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will primarily:
– Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
– Produce creative work that stand out from the crowd and will deliver against objectives
– Oversee creative production
– Be involved in copywriting and/or art direction
– Write presentations that get clients excited
In addition, you will:
– Work with the senior team to put together strategic proposals and recommendations for clients
– Work alongside Creative Planners and get stuck in with creative ideas development
– Keep up to date with the latest digital design trends
– Work alongside the senior team to develop pitch-winning presentations
– Present work internally and externally
– Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
– Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
– Maintain effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
– Participate in team training/meetings and events when asked
– Regularly contribute content to the company’s digital presences
– 1-2 years relevant experience
– Have created or have been involved with digital marketing campaigns
– Copywriting and art direction experience
– Experience with social media marketing, understanding its potential and its limitations
– Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
– Excellent creative skills
– Above average written and verbal English communication skills
– Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
– Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
– Excellent time management skills
– Strong presentation skills
– Proficiency in the use of Office
– Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
– Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
– Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
– A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
– Experience working in a start-up environment
– Proficiency with motion design, using Adobe AfterEffects
– Proficiency with video editing, using Final Cut Pro
– Experience with photography or videography
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
– Sense of humour
– Easily bored
– No ego
– Extremely motivated
– Positive mental attitude
– Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
– Reliable and dependable
– Calm and patient under pressure
– Proactive and assertive
– Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than artworking.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.