FULL STACK DEVELOPER
We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, adidas, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 70 brilliant people in London and New York.
Our core services are:
– Marketing technology consultancy
– Building marketing technology products
– Chatbot development
– Digital content production
– Digital and social media strategy
– Biddable social media planning and buying
– Data analytics and insight
The work is around chatbot development on Facebook’s Messenger platform with some portion of time spent building internal tools for data analytics and the media buying team (all on social media). We’re also beginning to investigate how we can leverage emerging technologies for marketing, Voice and AR to start. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small but growing development team.
– Design, build and maintain Node.js based applications (typescript backend and Elm frontend)
– Work with conversation designers to implement Facebook Messenger chatbots (and other messaging platforms)
– Maintain the health of production systems
– Work with other teams to think up new tools and ways to improve business efficiency
– Investigate emerging technologies
– Work alongside other members of the team to spread knowledge and ideas (e.g. pairing)
– Relational databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres)
– Cloud based operations (e.g. AWS, Heroku)
– Test driven development (e.g. Mocha, Chai)
– Able to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
– Able to communicate clearly and concisely
– Minimum three years of industry experience (or equivalent)
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
– Sense of humour
– Self-starting and proactive
– Easily bored and curious
– No ego
– Extremely motivated
– Positive mental attitude
– Professional, reliable and dependable
– Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
– Calm and patient under pressure
We can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else. You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
You’ll get 25 paid holidays, breakfast, booze, and day off on your birthday.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.