We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte London has grown to over 50 brilliant and talented people.
Our core services are:
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. We need someone to deliver smart paid media across several of our clients. This person will develop paid media strategies and deliver those strategies day to day. They will use data and insight in all aspects of the role, ensuring we deliver the most effective campaigns – we want someone who gets data and media.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Media Planner/Buyer is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Plan, buy and optimise paid social media activity
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
- Support analysts in delivery of internal and client work with paid insight
- Support planners in delivery of internal and client work with paid planning
- Develop paid media strategies and create key tactical plans to deliver on them
- Deliver media plans to the highest possible standard
- Contribute insights and strategic thinking to all areas of the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Optimise existing paid social media deliverables
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage budgets for paid media deliverables
- Research and assess technology solutions, processes and data sources to improve our capabilities
- Liaise with suppliers when relevant
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 2+ years relevant experience within a paid media based role at a digital/creative agency
- Strong understanding of digital paid media, particularly paid social media
- Advanced proficiency with Facebook Ads platform and Twitter Ads platform
- Familiarity with Google AdWords
- Familiarity with social media data sources
- Degree or qualification in a relevant subject (mathematics and sciences, advertising/media/communications)
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in the use of Excel
- Familiarity with Word and PowerPoint
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow strict guidelines while working independently
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- An inquisitive and numeric mindset
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with data visualisation techniques
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.