We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 70 brilliant people, including a studio of 10+ designers and motion designers across London and New York.
We are looking for a talented Motion Designer to join our team.
Motion Designers at Byte bring to life authentic ideas that capture audiences’ attentions, inspire behaviour change and drive people to want to share. They combine video editing, motion graphics and exceptional typographic and design skills to create stunning work.
The role of Motion Designer is fast paced, varied and constantly evolving.
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs. These vary greatly - from designing a short gif to creating an animation style that brings a campaign to life. They can also be editing longer and more in depth pieces.
- Oversee and be involved in creative production
- Work collaboratively with Creative Planners and Designers and get stuck in with creative ideas development
- Be aware of and respond to current digital design and culture
- Present work internally and externally
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- 2 - 5 years relevant experience
- An outstanding showreel
- Expert knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Art direction skills
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and high attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to remain focused under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Experience with photography or videography
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than artworking.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.