CONTENT PLANNER (SPOTIFY USA)
We are a young and independent marketing technology agency. Our mission is to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We unite data, technology, creative content and media. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat and Pret to name a few. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to over 70 brilliant and talented people in London and New York.
Spotify is one of our key clients and our remit is expanding beyond the UK, Netherlands and France to include the USA.
We’re looking for a talented Content Planner to join the team and run Spotify’s USA Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram accounts.
A passion for music and a good knowledge of the American music scene are the most important attributes required for this role. If you want to think, talk and write about the latest music all day, then this is a dream role for you.
The role involves working closely with the marketing department, Browse team and Label Relations teams within Spotify to create brilliant ideas and content to share with audiences. Spotify has amazing access to the world’s biggest and best artists, and the Content Planner’s role is to share this access with Spotify’s customers.
The main objective of the role is to inspire customers to listen to music on Spotify. It’s a creative role but also requires quick thinking, being reactive to trends and being incredibly organised.
- Creating of a monthly content framework for all social channels
- Daily responding to customers on social media
- Daily monitoring of social channels
- Liaising with label relations and editorial teams at Spotify to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring music trends (specific to USA but also international) and informing the wider team
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the Spotify brand in social media
- Live content capture at gigs
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
- Fluent in American English (ideally you will - currently reside/have recently lived - in USA)
- A passion for music
- Finger on the pulse of the American music scene
- A brilliant creative writer
- Good knowledge of social media
- 2-3 years community management experience
- A sense of humour
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- An inquisitive mindset
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
The role will either be based at Spotify USA’s HQ in New York or Byte’s HQ in London.
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.